Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 17(and strong!)

Hi, everyone! It's been forever since I posted! I've been really trying to get this vegan lifestyle down and it does take a lot of planning. School takes a lot of time too. I'm back to blogging though!
Since becoming vegan, I've never felt better! I've lost 14pounds! I honestly couldn't believe it! I can't remember a time when I weighed what I do now. It's just positive reinforcement to keep my vegan life. I've also started to slip out of a depression I had sucumbed to. I wake up now and am excited to be able to see the sun rise( it's absolutely gorgeous, and completely different every morning!).
It wasn't completely butterflies and rainbows before though. The detox I went through(and still going through) was....awkward? I won't lie. Gas and bowel movements became so very regular and irregular at the same time. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my home some days. But those days passed!(thank goodness!). I was a little worried though.... I had researched my heart out about veganism, and I continually came across vegans who had suffered at least mild acne during their detox. My skin was finally starting to look great! I didn't want that to go away! After day 14, I had myself convinced that I wouldn't have to worry about my body going through that. I told myself that I was one of the lucky ones.......
Guess who woke up with three, lovely, obnoxiously large, red breakouts this morning? This lovely girl right here. To say I was aggravated would be an understatement. I was so sure I was in the clear! Of course my body had other plans. Oh well, a few breakouts are nothing compared to the way I'm loving my new journey.
I recently found a new blog that is DEFINITELY worth your time to read! www.fitnessista.com She isn't a vegan(or even a vegetarian), but she is defintely inspiration! And her work outs are pretty great too!

~~Sammie

No comments:

Post a Comment